Keep Your Home Safe While On Vacation
It may be hard to beleive but spring is just around the corner and with that will come some vacation time. You may be going out of state or on a weekend trip, whatever the case we want your home to be safe while you are gone.
While you are on vacation your homeowner’s insurance is there to protect your family home and personal property. While homeowner’s insurance covers many types of losses, the following facts and safety tips might just help prevent a loss from happening.
Home Burglary Facts According To The FBI
- 27% of burglars enter through an unlocked door.
- Burglars will use social media to select targets.
- The average cost to replace stolen items is $4,800.
- Set electric timers for interior and exterior lights.
- Stop all mail.
- Tell your neighbor that you are leaving.
- Don’t take all your credits cards on vacation, only take the ones you may need.
- Don’t post vacation pictures on social media sites until your return home.
- Have us complete a free home insurance review before you go.
- Complete a home inventory and keep it in a safe place.